Take your passion to the next level, building on the knowledge and techniques developed in the Certificate in Cookery (Level 4) and gain the expertise required for progression as a chef in the food industry.
If your goal is to become a professional chef this diploma is for you. You’ll graduate with the advanced cookery skills, knowledge and experience needed to succeed in today’s kitchens.
Learn about a range of international cuisines, the finer points of running a commercial kitchen and how to create original menus. This Level 5 Diploma, is ideal for those who already have cooking experience or have completed our Level 4 course and are ready to take it up a notch.
You’ll also have an opportunity to secure an internship where you’ll gain invaluable work experience.
Practical skills in cooking and presenting a range of advanced food items using a variety of production methods.
Culinary influences throughout history.
How to create and present an advanced range of international cuisines
How to design a commercial kitchen layout
Menu development and kitchen management skills
Have fun during your study on a foodie field trip.
The opportunity to secure an internship where you’ll gain invaluable industry experience.
Fill in your details below and we will send you more info.
New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced)(Level 5) (Cookery Strand)
At the start of the course, domestic applicants must:
- Be a minimum of 17 years old.
- Have NCEA Level 2 or equivalent, or a New Zealand Certificate in Baking (Level 4), New Zealand Certificate in Cooking (Level 4) or equivalent or industry experience.
- Attend an interview.
All international students must:
- Be a minimum of 18 years old at the start of the course.
- Have English language proficiency: If English is your second language, you need an English level of 5.5 IELTS or equivalent with no band score lower than 5 (other English tests or evidence of your English language ability may be approved as advised by NZQA).
- Have travel and medical insurance and a valid visa.
Course costs for New Zealand domestic students are available here.
Course costs for International students are available here.
If you’re planning to start tertiary study or training for the first time you may be eligible for fees-free. Ask one of our course advisors to help or visit the Fees Free website. https://www.feesfree.govt.nz/
If you meet certain conditions you may be eligible for a student loan and allowances.
Find out if you meet the conditions by calling StudyLink on Freephone 0800 88 99 00 or visit www.studylink.govt.nz.
Become a sous chef in the big hotels and restaurants of the world
Junior sous chef
Restaurant sous chef
Hotel sous chef
Café Head chef
Industrial catering sous chef
Medical Facility First Cook